Musings and random glimpses into current events and my life. What could be more interesting?

Tuesday, November 1

Emily Post-modern

As I checked my rsvp's on Evite today for an upcoming event that I'm hosting, It occurred to me that there is a large group of people out there that don't understand the inner-workings of this new-millennium social tool.

Yes, from the looks of my guest list on this event and the past, many people don't realize that you can actually see when a guest viewed the invitation. I stare at the list of "Not Yet Responded" in puzzlement. Thomas viewed it. Abby-Taylor viewed it. That was a week ago. Are they weighing their options? What about the fact that I am holding an event doesn't immediately say "Hit the yes button quick before he changes his mind" to people?

As I logged on to Evite, I noticed on My Evite page two events above mine that friends are holding. "Going away party for Karen-13 new rsvp's" "Birthday party for Carl-55 New RSVP's!" (Note to self-you are DEFINITELY going to that party)I have to admit, I'm left feeling a bit dejected about my social status.

I wonder to myself if I should inform these people that "I KNOW YOU LOOKED AT MY INVITE AND HAVEN'T RESPONDED!" Is it my duty to ensure that they are made aware of social obligations for the sake of others? No. I think I'll just keep that to myself and continue to watch from my hiding place.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok sweetheart. allow me to point out that you have not yet responded to my evite (yes, i know you cannot make it). -- lol!

12:57 PM EST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home