Musings and random glimpses into current events and my life. What could be more interesting?

Wednesday, October 5

Nothing's Scarier Than a Clown


We all know how clowns can border on funny and scary. There is a fine line between the two for many of us. Claribell-Funny. Really Funny. John-Wayne Gacy- Not so funny. No, not at all.

This picture sums up the creepy nature of clowns and how the addition of a simple thing such as an S&M-type cage can change the whole context. I snapped this picture with my camera phone when visiting my friend in Wilmington, North Carolina. To me, it's reminiscent of the Penn's Woods Baby I photographed this summer which left many unsettled.

Apparently, my friend's nieces found the idea of caging clowns 'fun', because this is exactly what they did. Or perhaps they just found the whole idea of clowns scary, as many do, and this was the only way they could have him in the same room.


3 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

OK, enough already, what are you trying to do scar me for life. If I even have a bad dream featuring this clown I am calling you and waking you up in the middle of the night!

1:12 PM EDT

 
Blogger Washington Cube said...

It's the EVIL CLOWN! :::running from the scarey blog::::

Washington Cube Was Here. #192

10:44 PM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think movies made clowns scary. I don't remember thinking clowns were creepy until I saw some movie in the 70s where the clown doll came to life and started killing people. Anytime you make something cute start killing people, it becomes scary dontcha think?

5:25 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home