Musings and random glimpses into current events and my life. What could be more interesting?

Friday, July 29

Where in the World is Svetlana?

I had a query from one reader today as to when I would be posting another installment in the saga of Svetlana, the Ukrainian intern. It seems that Svetlana has become a favorite on my blog. Just last Friday I was at a party when I was approached by a friend who had been following the adventures of Svetlana and thought she would be a blast at parties.

My response to the reader who asked when I would post about her again was, "Well, she actually has to show up to work for me to have a story about her." You see, as I've mentioned in past posts, Svetlana is supposed to arrive for work at 10 a.m. However, she regularly shows up much later than that. In fact, she hasn't showed up today.

Just 2 days ago, Svetlana breezed into the office at 10:45 with the familiar huff and smell of cigarette smoke, dropped her purse in the chair with exasperation and exclaimed to me, "Why can't I seem to get here on time?" My response was "Perhaps there is a time warp between your house and here?" She looked at me puzzled, "huh?" "A time warp", I responded. She shrugged her shoulders, rolled her eyes, flipped her hair back and grabbed her cigarettes to head outside for a much needed smoke break. I couldn't tell for sure if she didnt' understand me, or if she didn't appreciate the fact that my theory at least removed the onus from her.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home