Musings and random glimpses into current events and my life. What could be more interesting?

Tuesday, July 12

Go to Hell

I must admit that, for someone who 'doesn't watch much tv' and has declared the death of reality tv imminent, I have become quite hooked on the Fox show, Hell's Kitchen.

For those of you who haven't seen it, the premise, as described on the official web site is this:

"Hell's Kitchen is a culinary boot camp that features a group of wannabe Cordon Bleu Cooks and aspiring restauranteurs running a top-class restaurant, overseen by world-renowned but terrifying Head Chef Gordon Ramsay. Ramsay will serve helpings of terror, tears, tantrums and triumphs in this dramatic unscripted series.

Here are some of my observations about last night's final five contenders:

Michael: Michael is low-key and good. He is fairly professional and doesn't complain a lot. However, I'm not sure I trust him.

Elsie: Elsie, the mother of 6, is good. She's likeable. Part of me likes to pull for the underdog, but honestly, I'm sure she won't make it. However, for someone who has never done a flambe before, she really shined last night as she popped around the dining room starting fires.

Jimmy: Jimmyy was eliminated last night. The poor guy put up with a lot from Ramsay including being called and Pig and a Fat Fuck and being told to lose weight. However, in last night's episode, he really did suck. The best part was when he threw the fully cooked lobster away and then spent 10 minutes looking for it.

Ralph: Ralph is going to win, in my opinion, and probably should. He is professional. He's great. He's creative. So he waved back at a hot girl in the dining room. He was just being friendly! I think he was right in nominating Jessica to be eliminated even though she didn't nominate him in the previous episode. Which leads me to...

Jessica: She's cute, but damn she's whiney. When Ramsay pointed out to her that there was a hair in the food she responded, "It's not my hair chef." Not the point. Stop arguing and move on. She can't NOT respond to criticism. It will be interesting to see how she interacts with Ralph now that he nominated her for elimination, but she wasn't.

Tune in next week........


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home