Musings and random glimpses into current events and my life. What could be more interesting?

Thursday, July 7

No More Yellow Mustard

Honestly, why is it that some eating establishments don't understand the benefits of spicy brown or Dijon mustard? Today I decided to give DC Hot a second try. My first foray into the local precursor to Potbelly Sandwiches was quite enjoyable so I figured, Why not? (Sidenote: I must admit that while I am adverse to chain establishments, I really have a weakness for the toasty goodness that Potbelly turns out. And they're always so friendly...Not the norm in DC)

The San Francisco turkey sandwich I ordered was not bad. But as I watched the toppings being added, I cringed when I saw the sandwich maker squirt a heavy glob of yellow mustard onto the sandwich. At this point, I felt it too late to intervene. I ate the sandwich and tried to enjoy it, but honestly the yellow mustard overwhelmed all of the other flavors.

Even now, hours later, I can smell it on my hands. I, personally, believe there is no place for yellow mustard besides, possibly, on a hot dog. But even then, brown mustard is just so much more enjoyable and let's face it, doesn't cost more.

So a note to eating establishments: No More Yellow Mustard!

(If you don't know the difference between Yellow and Dijon Mustard, read here.)


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...I have been looking for a cause to get me out of bed in the morning...maybe the eradication of yellow mustard might be the thing!

Joseph H.

10:44 PM EDT

 
Blogger Melinda said...

I am not a fan of mustard to begin with, but I can handle brown or dijon. Yellow just has a flavor that I don't think I can ever get used to. So say NO! to the yelow mustard!

8:32 AM EDT

 
Blogger Daniel Vickers said...

See, this is what my blog is for, to INSPIRE people to action!

3:37 PM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all: Mustard on a San Fran Turkey sandwich?! I am astounded, Daniel. Did this sandwich have avocado, perhaps? Mustard and avocado shall never be mixed! I challenge you to a duel, sir!

Anyway, Second: I agree - don't be yella 'bout yer mustard!!

5:32 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home